Join us for our upcoming classes, monthly-meeting clubs, and BOM groups. We would love to see you!
- Hand Embroidery
- Don’t know how to embroider? Come to Hand Embroidery Club! Once you start, it’s hard to quit! You can join any time – Any skill level welcome!
$5 per month or $15 for the year.
Group A – Meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Group B – Meets the 1st Saturday of each month at 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Group C – Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Group D – Meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Group E – Meets the 1st Tuesday of each month at 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
(part of Winter Wonderland, a Crab Apple Hill pattern – embroidery done by Pat Beck)
- Modern Quilting Club
Do you want to learn about Modern Quilts? What makes a quilt a modern quilt? Join Beth as you learn about them! You can join any time.
$5 per month or $15 for the year plus the cost of the book.
Group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Block of the Month (BOM)
- Freedom Bound – Starting in January
(sample made by Tammy Bennett – quilted by The Quilting Studio)
- Don’t miss out on your spot! Starting in January 2017 we will be having a new Block of the Month program starting. The quilt is called Freedom Bound from Common Threads Quilting in conjunction with Windham Fabrics. From the Common Threads website, “The year is 1859. The country is in turmoil. Tempers on both sides are heating up. In Claiborne County, Mississippi, a very unusual family is preparing for a trip to freedom. This is the story of Hannah Cummings Cotton, her plantation life, her children, and her journey to Ohio, leaving the chains of slavery behind.” The group will go through August 2017 and then have a completion party in January 2018.
$40.00 per month for the nine months. This includes your pattern and fabrics.
First and last month fees must be paid to reserve spot.
Group A – Meets the 2nd Monday of the month at 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
Group B – Meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Sand County Almanac – Starting in January 2017
Caryn Hurst is back for another section of her famous block of the month quilt, Sand County Almanac. Starting in January 2017, she will teach two different groups each month going through the story of Aldo Leopold and his journey all while creating a beautiful quilt.
$15.00 per month plus the book
Group A – Meets the 3rd Saturday of the month at 10:00 Am to 12:00 PM
Group B – Meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 10:00 Am to 12:00 PM
Classes & Presentations
- Advanced Beginning Quilting
Join Pat for this amazing class on more advanced techniques including some basic free motion quilting.
$75.00 plus the cost of the kit
Classes meet Tuesday 3/7/17, Tuesday 3/21/17, Tuesday 3/28/17, and Tuesday 4/4/17 at 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM each day
- Susan Hoffman Landscape Class
Back by popular demand! Susan Hoffman, textile artist extraordinaire, will be returning to teach two new classes in 2017. Join her on Saturday, April 1, 2017 to create her brand new piece that has not been released yet! It has blues and greens and is very Spring-like (picture coming soon). She will also be teaching her “Red Sky at Morning”, the fourth in her Four Seasons series. That class will be offered on Saturday, August 5th. Each class will start at 10:00 AM and end at 4:00 PM with a break for lunch. Be sure to sign up early as these classes have limited seating available and fill up fast!
$115.00 for each class which includes the kit and lunch.
- Unseen Hands Embroidery Trunk Show & Demonstration
Mark your calendars – – Erica Plank, owner and designer of Unseen Hands patterns and tools, will be visiting us from Puyallup, WA to have a trunk show on Saturday, July 15, 2017.Erica is a renowned hand embroidery and applique pattern designer. We carry many of her patterns in the shop and are so excited to have her visit us and share her creations. The trunk show will run from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. After the show, she will also demo her 9” Seam Pressing Template which makes cathedral windows in a snap!$15.00 per person ($10.00 for members of the Hand Embroidery Groups).
Call the shop for special group rates!
We hope you will join us for one of our classes. More classes to come – keep checking back with us to see the newest offerings we have!